Ideal for players who are coming out of our pre-academy program or recreational sports - and in need of accelerated skill development prior to entering the rigorous demands competitive club play, this program will provide players with a solid sports-specific base.
As players develop their skills in Academy, those interested are evaluated to join the competitive program.
Since our competitive and elite teams boast hundreds of active players, we are able to provide a robust training environment for our Academy players. In some cases, Academy players are invited to "play up" to competitive teams based on coach discretion.
THINGS TO KNOW
- Depending on the number of players in an age group, we either form an Academy team that trains together and competes in the Lifezone Youth League OR we have individuals train with a competitive team.
- Players in the Academy program have the option to remain in the Academy as long as they want or participate in seasonal tryouts for competitive teams.
- Academy players typically practice 1-2 times per week depending on the sport.
- We currently have Lifezone Academy available for soccer, lacrosse, basketball, cheer and dance.
- Academy teams are coached by Lifezone Sports Academy staff
- Coaches follow curriculum and strictly focus on technical work
- Coaching is non-intrusive - and sessions mostly consist of play and skills acquisition - with 1/3rd of time dedicated to instruction and mastery
- All coaches are certified and background checked
The monthly fee for Academy is $99 per month. Some sports require a season-long commitment (typically 3-4 months).
Players are required to purchase a small training uniform kit made up of t-shirt/reversible jersey, shorts and any other sport-specific gear.