Here is the information to get your hotels booked for the USA Cup tournament.
Hotel Name: Home 2 Suites by Hilton Plymouth
This is a BRAND NEW HOTEL (literally opening this week) with outdoor pool. They have 2 gas grills by the pool where families/teams can cook out and hang out. There is also a restaurant and bar attached to the hotel. Drive time to Blaine/NSC complex is 20-25 mins.
We have held 30 – Double Queen with Sofa Sleeper Rooms @ $139.00 per night plus tax
*Breakfast included in rate
*3 night minimum
Check-in: Thursday, July 12, 2018 Check-out: Sunday, July 15, 2018
*Cancellation policy: 48 hours prior to arrival
These rooms will be released on Thursday, June 28th at 11pm so please book before then.
Instructions for making a reservation:
- Use this link to access your block of rooms:https://mmxreservations.com/fer/nsc?groupCode=Lifezone3&eventId=3923
- This will bring you to step 1 of the reservation process. You are now in your team block. Select your check-in and check-out dates.
- Continue with the remaining steps and submit the reservation using team ID: Lifezone3
- Your reservation is guaranteed once submitted. Confirmation numbers will be sentwithin 48 hoursof submitting your reservation.
- Any cancelations or changes must be made using the change request link provided in the confirmation email or by contacting NSC Travel at 763.717.3885 email@example.com. Do not call the hotel directly to make any changes or cancellations. NSC Travel has standard business hours ofMonday–Friday 8:00a.m.-4:30p.m.
Other things to know about USA Cup
- A big feature of USA Cup is the pin trading zone where players trade club pins with players from around the world. We are ordering enough for each player (20 each) to have 15-16 pins to trade and 4-5 pins to give to ONE player from the opposing team at the end of each game. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR PLAYER KEEPS SOME PINS TO GIVE AT THE END OF GAMES. Pins are $2.50 each.
- Participating in the pin trading (and purchasing 20 pins) is optional. You can order your set of 20 pins for $50 no later than July 1st by clicking this link. https://go.teamsnap.com/forms/130033
- Game schedules are usually released 10 days before the tournament. Coaching staff will post game schedules in teamsnap and use teamsnap as the main communication tool during the tournament.
- Teams usually (based on game schedule) leave the hotel in the morning and don’t return till all games for the day have been played. There are tons of things to do on campus at NSC and lots of restaurants/hang out areas where you can kill time between games.
- Teams usually plan one dinner together (either at the hotel or a local hotel) to hang out. The more socializing you can do as a team (or group of teams) the better.
- Parents who want spiritwear (especially moms) much contact Sally (firstname.lastname@example.org) asap so she can place an order for great summer outdoor wear branded with LZ and Lions for you. Some moms have already placed their order with her. July 1 is the deadline for that.
- There is tons of parking at NSC but based on where your game is (100+ fields), you could end up parking a ways away from your game field. So please plan ample time to arrive and walk (across lots of fields) to get your player to their field in time for warmups and coach meeting.
- This tournament is for players to have FUN. Parents, PLEASE LEAVE YOUR SIDELINE COACHING AT HOME. Players really just need to have fun and enjoy the experience without the pressure from the sidelines.
- If the weather is blazing hot, the Schwan’s ice arena on the NSC campus is a great place to cool off (in the lobby and restaurant area) between games. Thunderstorms are also a possibility this time of year so please bring all necessary gear (including changes of clothes for players between games).
- Please follow coach’s instructions on nutrition and hydration during the tournament. French fries taste great but they do nothing to help your player perform at 3 pm in the afternoon in hot weather. Save the “fun food” for Sunday when all your games are complete.